NSNY has been carefully managing and adapting to the Covid -19 pandemic, and we are dedicated to helping our stakeholders do the same. While we are closed to the public our professional staff is continuing to provide quality support and assistance to all our stakeholders. NSNY is offering our courses in an online and virtual instructor-led training (VILT) format so we can continue to serve Yukon's training needs.
Sheila Sergy, Executive Director A special thank you to our front-line and essential workers.
NOTIFICATION: September 4, 2020
The Government of Yukon has approved a new OHS workplace violence and harassment prevention regulation. Here is their news release https://yukon.ca/en/news/support-positive-culture-yukon-workplaces
The new regulation will come into force on September 4, 2021. http://www.gov.yk.ca/legislation/regs/oic2020_121.pdf
More information is available on the YWCHSB website: https://www.wcb.yk.ca/wvhp/Q0311.aspx. You can also find a link to the “Workplace Violence and Harassment Prevention Guide” and other tools and checklists there. ______________________________________________________________________
The CHOICES Program
- Choices is a rebate program through YWCHSB that rewards companies for training employees. Rebates range from 4% to 10% of your WCB assessment, up to $25,000.00 per year. COR and SECOR and OCOP businesses automatically qualify for a 10% rebate. For more information about CHOICES please CLICK CHOICES
Certificate of Recognition (COR™)
COR™ is an occupational health and safety certification program.
- COR™ Certification is a tender/contract requirement on the Government of Yukon projects involving construction activities. Please click here to connect with the YG website and further details.
- COR™ Certification is a requirement for other companies such as Yukon Energy. Please click here to connect with Yukon Energy’s website and further details.
- The City of Whitehorse Indemnified Contractors List: The City of Whitehorse has an opportunity for COR/SECOR companies to apply to be on the City of Whitehorse Indemnified contractors list for the next two years. If you have any questions about registration please contact Lynda Harlow at 867-668-8641 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a contract is subject to this requirement, it will be noted on the tender documents and must be maintained throughout the life of the contract.
NSNY offers a variety of FREE safety resources.
- Sample template safety forms and policies to help build your safety manual
- Health and safety consultation and site visits (this service is limited and dependent on availability)
- Review of your Safety manual, feedback, and assistance provided
- Internal Auditor/Safety Representative Workshops
- The templates, forms, documents, and the downloadable audit document are available to the public. (It is not necessary to be COR™/SECOR™ or Owner/Operator Certified (OCOP).
The Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (CFCSA)
- Working together for health & safety across Canadian construction job sites -- The Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (CFCSA) works as an umbrella organization for member provincial and territorial construction safety associations. https://cfcsa.ca/