NEW COR™ Action Plans
NSNY’s Certification of Recognition (COR™) Action Plan offers companies an alternative way to maintain their COR™.
Action Plans allow COR™-holding companies a way to make their health and safety programs better by implementing suggestions for improvements from their previous audits and safety objectives that may be outside of their normal audit scopes.
An Action Plan is comprised of three sections: objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
Watch this presentation to learn about the complete COR™ Action Plan process.
COR™ Action Plan Process
Step 1: Determine if your company is eligible to participate in the COR™ Action Plan maintenance option
Answer the questions below:
- Are you currently holding a regular COR™ certificate in good standing?
- Do you meet the COR™ training requirements, including 50% of full-time supervisors with the Leadership for Safety Excellence training?
- Have you completed at least one full audit cycle (Year 5 in the graphic above)?
- Did you receive a minimum score of 80% on your last certification audit?
- If this is your second-year action plan proposal, did you receive a score of 80% or higher in your first year?
- Can you develop at least one health and safety objective based on the recommendations from your previous external audit?
If you answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to do an Action Plan! Continue to Step 2.
If you answered no to any of the above questions, stop here. Your company is not eligible to do an Action Plan and you are required to complete the COR™ internal maintenance audit.
Step 2: Read the NSNY COR™ Action Plan instructions document
Get detailed instructions on how to complete your Action Plan, review the Action Plan Instruction Form.
Step 3: Send NSNY your COR™ Action Plan proposal
Once you have determined that your company is interested in and eligible to participate in the COR™ Action Plan maintenance option, complete the COR™ Action Plan Proposal Form and send it to NSNY for review and approval.
Send your Action Plan proposal to NSNY COR™ at email@example.com by June 30, 2020 for review and approval.
For an example of a completed Action Plan Proposal, please see the Action Plan Proposal Sample
Step 4: Implement your COR™ Action Plan
After NSNY approves your COR™ Action Plan proposal, your company can start to implement the Action Plan.
Step 5: Submit your completed COR™ Action Plan to NSNY
Complete the deliverables and self-scoring sections in your COR™ Action Plan, and submit the final version to NSNY for review and scoring.
Send your completed Action Plan to NSNY COR™ at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2020.
Note: the completed Action Plan must score a minimum of 60% to maintain the company’s COR™ and the auditor’s certification. If the Action Plan scores less than 60%, your company may then have to conduct an internal COR™ maintenance audit before December 31, 2020.
- Submit your 2020 COR™ Action Plan proposal to NSNY by June 30, 2020.
- Submit your 2020 COR™ Action Plan final version to NSNY by November 1, 2020.
For more information on COR™ Action Plans, please see the Frequently Asked Questions Form
For further information on COR™ Action Plans or to discuss your eligibility, please contact NSNY.