Yukon Legislation Awareness
Start Date: Monday December 12, 2022
End Date: Monday December 12, 2022
Start Time: 8:30am
End Time: 4:30pm
Instructor: Mike Kramer
Location: VILT - Virtual Instructor Led Training
Capacity: 0 / 12
This one-day course presents information that clarifies the intent and application of the Yukon Workers’ Safety and Compensation Act, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Codes of Practice. Discussion will also take place about other relevant legislation.
Through facilitated instruction, discussion, and exercises, this course will assist participants to:
- Become aware of the legislated responsibilities of employers, constructors, supervisors and workers;
- Locate components of the legislation that apply to their operations; and
- Understand how to comply with OH&S legislation at their work sites.
Topics covered via awareness and application exercises:
- Occupational health and safety laws, regulations, codes of practice
- Workers’ compensation laws and regulations
- Criminal Code of Canada
- Employment standards legislation
This course is a requirement for people seeking certification as a National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) or Health and Safety Administrator (HSA).