New online registration guide:
If you are registering on behalf on a participant, please follow these instructions:
- Login in and create a profile for your company (instead of a personal one for yourself) with a general company email.
- You can then sign up participants for multiple courses in one transaction. You will not able to put individual names but NSNY will receive confirmation of your course booking(s) under your company name.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
NSNY does not require a membership fee.
Is your LSE expiring or expired? Join us September 24th for Leadership Refresher!
*Additional Forklift course scheduled for Sept. 26!*
The Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations
Working together for health & safety
across Canadian construction jobsites.
The Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (CFCSA) works as an umbrella organization for member provincial and territorial construction safety associations. https://cfcsa.ca/
Certificate of Recognition (COR™)
COR™ is an occupational health and safety certification program.
- COR™ Certification is a tender/contract requirement on the Government of Yukon projects involving construction activities. Please click here to connect with the YG website and further details.
- COR™ Certification is a requirement for other companies such as Yukon Energy. Please click here to connect with Yukon Energy’s website and further details.
- COR™ (Certificate of Recognition) - for companies with ten employees or more, please click here
- SECOR (Small Employer Certificate of Recognition) - for businesses with nine or fewer employees during peak times, please click here
- TLC (Temporary Letter of Certification). Businesses at the final stage of becoming COR or SECOR certified may submit a TLC.
- COREL (Certificate of Recognition Equivalency Letter). Businesses who have achieved COR outside of Yukon and wish to bid on a tender in Yukon requiring COR, they may apply to NSNY for a COREL letter to be included in their bid package. please click here
- OCOP (Owner/Operator Certificate of Proficiency) – is available for Yukon Owner/Operator businesses; no employees, no subcontractors. please click here __________________________________________________________________________
The Yukon government continues assessing the COR requirement to address government and industry needs and to ensure Yukon continues to reap the benefits of a reduction of accidents and injuries as public and private sector increase adopting safety practices.
If a contract is subject to this requirement, it will be noted on the tender documents.
The certification must be maintained throughout the life of the contract.
Acknowledgement Yukon Government
NSNY would like to acknowledge the Yukon Government – Economic Development for their financial support of the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (CFCSA) conference held in Yukon. We thank Ranj Pillai, Minister of Economic Development, for the funding which was provided under the provisions of the Community Development Fund.
NSNY offers a variety of FREE safety resources.
- Sample template safety forms and policies to help build your safety manual
- Health and safety consultation and site visits (this service is limited and dependent on availability)
- Review of your Safety manual, feedback and assistance provided
- Internal Auditor/Safety Representative Workshops
- The templates, forms, documents and the downloadable audit document are available to the public. (It is not necessary to be COR™/SECOR™ or Owner/Operator Certified (OCOP).
This 1 day course is intended to give employers and supervisors knowledge and skills to assist them in effectively managing alcohol and drugs in...
Date: Monday September 30, 2019