Workplace Investigation Basics
Conducting investigations is an essential tool in your workplace incident prevention toolkit.
This one-day course is designed to provide the participant with the knowledge and skills to be able to analyze a basic worksite incident, determine incident causes, and complete an investigation report. The theory component of the course is completed in the morning session. The practical component of the course is completed during an investigation workshop in the afternoon session. Attendance at both sessions is required.
Course topics include:
• reasons for performing investigations
• importance of investigating near misses
• legislation requirements under OHS
• elements of an investigation policy
• Simplified Investigation Process (SIP)
• Loss Causation Model (LCM)
• SMART corrective actions
• investigation documentation and reporting