Joint Health & Safety Committee/Representative (JHSC) Training
OVERVIEW: Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSC) and Safety Representatives are critical elements of a strong Internal Responsibility System (IRS). Corporate health and safety efforts are best facilitated through an active company committee and/or representative.
This one-day course thoroughly introduces participants to the roles and responsibilities of the Joint Health and Safety Committee and Safety Representative.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completing the course, participants will be able to state: the purpose and responsibilities of a safety committee, where the committee fits in with other parts of the safety program, the roles of the committee members and their responsibilities.
- Assessing your own Leadership
- JHSCs role in the Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- JHSC and the Law
- JHSC Membership Requirements and Training
- JHSC Rules of Procedure
- JHSCs and Hazard Assessment
- JHSCs and Inspections
- JHSCs and Investigations
- Integrating your JHSC into your Health & Safety program
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (Yukon) requirements with practical applications are reviewed.
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) requires a computer with stable internet access, audio/visual capabilities and a quiet learning space. You will receive an invite by email from the instructor 1-2 days prior to the course. A NSNY staff member will contact you to either arrange for pick up or to have the course materials emailed to you.