Industrial UTV Operator
This course has been cancelled
The Industrial UTV (Side by Side) Operator Certification course is a one day Canada Safety Council certified program that provides riders with a solid base of practical skills and behaviors for safer and more responsible UTV riding in the workplace.
The course is primarily hands-on (riding lessons), and is supplemented by interactive discussion lessons at the course site. The riding lessons provide riders step by step "hands-on" practice of riding skills under the supervision of the instructor, and the discussion lessons provide an introduction to the principles and practices of safe and responsible UTV operation.
Lessons in the UTV Operator course include:
- UTV safety basics and pre-inspection.
- Proper selection and use or riding gear and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Pre-ride inspection and safe start-up procedures.
- Safe turning and braking. Emergency stopping.
- Safe riding strategies and risk management.
- Collision avoidance. Riding on hills and difficult terrain.
- Riding over obstacles.
- Emergency preparedness.
- Safe loading and unloading.
- Trail riding basics