Industrial ATV Operator
Start Date: Wednesday October 26, 2022
End Date: Wednesday October 26, 2022
Start Time: 8:30am
End Time: 4:30pm
Instructor: Chris Jastrebski
Location: Copper Haul Road
Capacity: 8 / 8
The Industrial ATV Operator Certification course is a one day Canada Safety Council certified program that provides riders with a solid base of practical skills and behaviors for safer and more responsible ATV riding in the workplace.
The course is primarily hands-on (riding lessons), and is supplemented by interactive discussion lessons at the course site. The riding lessons provide riders step by step "hands-on" practice of riding skills under the supervision of the instructor, and the discussion lessons provide an introduction to the principles and practices of safe and responsible UTV operation.
Lessons in the ATV Operator course include:
- ATV safety basics and pre-inspection.
- Proper selection and use or riding gear and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Pre-ride inspection and safe start-up procedures.
- Safe turning and braking. Emergency stopping.
- Safe riding strategies and risk management.
- Collision avoidance. Riding on hills and difficult terrain.
- Riding over obstacles.
- Emergency preparedness.
- Safe loading and unloading.
- Trail riding basics