Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
Start Date: Tuesday September 19, 2023
Start Time: 1:00 pm
End Time: 4:30 pm
Instructor: Mike Kramer
Location: Mt McIntyre Ski Wax Room - #200 - 1 Sumanik Dr.
Capacity: 0 / 15
This half day program is directed towards individuals who will be tasked with the responsibility of establishing and maintaining a work site’s fall protection equipment inventory.
The course instructs participants on how to conduct formal equipment inspections on personal arrest system components. The course will consist of combination of practical and theoretical learning approaches. Equipment inspection will comprise a major component of the course’s content, but other aspects of a proper equipment care will be taught to ensure that students can properly implement a complete managed equipment program on-site.
Prerequisite: Fall Protection Comprehensive
- Developing a managed on-site equipment care program
- Equipment markings and tracking systems
- Proper record keeping
- Formal equipment inspections
- Self-Retracting Lifeline inspection specifications
- Storage - individual and group gear
- Maintenance requirements
- Manufacturer’s requirements