Aerial Platform/ Scissor Lift Operator
This one-day Leavitt training course is designed to provide operators with a solid foundation in health and safety standards, preventative maintenance, and proper procedures for safe operation of mobile elevated work platforms (formerly referred to as aerial platforms and scissor lifts).
The course consists of a classroom theory component followed by a hands-on practical.
Successful participants will:
- Conduct a complete site inspection
- Conduct a complete walk around inspection
- Achieve a min 80% grade on a written exam, and
- Achieve a min 80% grade on a practical assessment.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Operator Fundamentals
- Machine Fundamentals
- PreOperational Inspections
- Safe Operation Guidelines boom supported mobile elevated work platforms
- Scissor Lifts
For the practical component, participants must have CSA-approved safety footwear and clothing suitable for being outside.